Friday, January 7, 2011

Presto Change-O




So a couple of days ago I was in a wreck, I'm fine and the other drivers involved were fine as well. I don't really want to talk about it anymore so as my grandma said when she called me, we're going to just talk about positive things instead.

I saw this great tutorial on P.S. I made this on how to turn those old flower vases you accumulate into modern pieces that you can actually use to decorate with. So I thought I'd try it out myself. All it takes is a couple old vases, some puffy paint, and a little spray paint to finish the job.

Step 1: Find a few old vases, if you can find some that are different heights it works even better because there's a little more visual interest.

Step 2: Buy some puffy paint from your local Michael's or AC Moore, it's near the fabric paint and dye section and it's $1.69 for the small tube and about $4 for the large one. Next use the puffy paint to make designs on the vases, dots of puffy paint work better than trying to do long lines.

Step 3: Let the puffy paint dry for a while, I let it dry overnight. Once the paint is dry take some white spray paint (or if you got one of the colored puffy paint, get some spray paint that matches that) and spray the vase. It will probably take several thin coats, it took four coats for mine. Make sure to let it dry between coats and try not to spray the layers too thick or the paint will run.

Step 4: Let your vase dry and then sit back and admire your new modern looking table piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment