Sunday, January 30, 2011

Good Movie, Great Song


I was doing my usual late night Netflix routine and I decided to watch a French film "Heartbreaker" or "L'Arnacoeur" in Francais. It's a movie about a guy who, along with his sister and brother-in-law, breaks up bad relationships by seducing the woman (only kissing, nothing else) and then helps her to see that she deserves better. The basic storyline is that he falls in love with one of his "targets", Vanessa Paradis' character whose fiancee isn't a bad guy. I really didn't know much about her other than her relationship with Johnny Depp, after watching this movie I'm a fan. I not only loved her character, but I also love what a unique beauty she has with her gap-toothed grin a la Lauren Hutton. The movie is cute and part of it is set in Monaco which is absolutely beautiful and has soared to the top of my "Places I Want to Visit" List, but I have to admit, there was a song in the movie that stood out to me more than the actual film. The song is "Doing the Wrong Things" by Rebecca Young and it's just a simple beautiful song that I've been listening to over and over again since hearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment