Wednesday, January 19, 2011

No Mo' Creativity

So I'm having a little trouble with two of the big projects that I have for my Apparel Design and Production class. The first assignment is due tomorrow and I'm stumped. We have to make or style an outfit that represents kitsch. I had a pretty decent idea but due to time and other constraints, I don't think I could execute it as well as I'd like to. Therefore, I'm thinking of going the sentimentality route of kitsch and wearing a few somewhat tacky things that I own but never wear. Things that I keep just because they mean a lot to me. Its due tomorrow so hopefully I can figure something out tonight, David's driving me to Goodwill after class so maybe I'll find something perfect there. If not I have a few ideas from things I've seen at the Dollar Tree too.

The other project is a collection of at least 5-7 pieces based on an auditory inspiration. It can be a song, an album, or just a sound, like raindrops. For this one the problem is that I have too many ideas and I'm not sure which one to try. I'll keep you updated and include pics of the one that I end up doing.


***Update, for the kitsch project I ended up dressing as Little Edie from Grey Gardens. I think her style was pretty kitschy.

No comments:

Post a Comment