Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Next Chapter?

Over winter break, I was in a wreck and sadly my beloved first car Ruby was totaled. It was a red 2000 Ford Focus and sadly there was too much damage done to the frame of the car and to the underneath of it. It took a while for it to really hit me, but it did about two hours after my mother told me that they had totaled it and I started crying over the loss of Ruby. Luckily in Boone, I don't necessarily have to have a car, I can easily walk to class and many other places and I have a great boyfriend who drives me where I need to go. I'm really glad about this because I really want to take my time finding a car since it will be the car that I'll be driving for probably the next 5-10 years. In an ideal world, I'd love to get a KIA Soul, but I'm not sure that it would be financially possible for me. Even with the down payment that will most likely be provided by the insurance company, I'd have a monthly payment of around $230 for a while. Still a girl can dream, I love the "Denim" aka blue KIA Soul l mostly I love the size because I'm a pack rat and I love shopping for furniture at thrift stores and usually had to have them hold items for me because I couldn't take them home in my car. I'm going to take my time and hopefully find a great car for me, but Ruby will always have a special place in my heart-she was an awesome first car and I know she had quite a few years left in her.

No comments:

Post a Comment