Sunday, January 2, 2011

And so it begins

Yesterday, I finished freshening up my resume and contacted the professors that I wanted to use as references to make sure it was okay with them. So today, I started emailing places that I might want to intern for. Most of the emails I just saved as drafts, because I want to include a cover letter with my resume and I want the cover letter to sound really good. I don't have my list of Charlotte stores that I'd like to intern for at home, so I'm starting with the ones that are a little further away. I just want an internship at a place where I could learn a lot and where the internship could turn into a job when I'm done. I'd prefer something that focused on styling or on textiles, since those are two of my favorite aspects of the industry. I'm thinking that an internship at a trendy boutique in Charlotte would be perfect, I could learn about buying, practice styling, practice doing window displays and other forms of display and promotion, and I think I have a better chance of getting a job from that, even if the pay might not be the best. I really love Charlotte and I think it would be the perfect place for me to intern, especially since I most likely won't be getting paid-I could live with my parents and save a little $ that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment