Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Healthy Start

I've really been feeling unhealthy lately and instead of just wallowing in self-pity, I decided to really try to change my habits by working out more regularly and eating healthier food. I went to the Aldi's before I left and stocked up on some healthy food options.

Here's what I bought:
Frozen Raspberries and Mixed Berries (for healthy smoothies)
Yogurt
Orange Juice
Raisin Bran Crunch
Skim Milk
Italian Lettuce
Cucumbers
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Trail Mix
Apples
Strawberries
Bananas
Peanut Butter (really wanted to try Almond Butter, but Aldi's didn't have it)
Oatmeal
Raisins
Rice
Beans
Frozen Vegetables

My Menu for Tomorrow
Breakfast: Oatmeal with banana, peanut butter and raisins
Snack: Trail Mix and Apple
Lunch: Veggie Wrap
Dinner: Salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and mushrooms

2 comments:

  1. I've actually been feeling the same way! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZEy3Zi0oE
    You should check her out. She kind of blabbers in this one, but it clicked with me and you can see her transformation! Pretty crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link girl! I went on her site and it clicked with me too. I liked her ideas about food because that's how I feel, I'd love to lose weight but I also just want to feel healthier.

    ReplyDelete