Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Current Reads and Room Inspirations



Lately, more than ever, I've been thinking about interior design and about the possibility of trying to eventually transition into the interior design field. I've always enjoyed decorating and I've already started planning how I would decorate the place I get after college....and I don't even have a place for after college. I read more decorating, design, and recipe blogs than I do fashion blogs these days. So I decided to rent some books from the library, so I'm now reading Domino The Book of Decorating and [the nest] Home Design Handbook. The first book from Domino is really great, it has great pictures that are really well styled and accessorized and even better advice on getting started decorating a room or your entire home. I've created some mood boards for my future abode and I'll have to snap a picture of it.

Here's some other rooms that have been inspiring me lately, I'm obsessed with mustard yellow bedding for my bedroom and a dark blue or green paint color for a living room. The first three pictures are from Design Sponge Online and the last one is Emily Henderson from the glass box design challenge from Design Star. I love the idea of fabric as cheap wallpaper and think it would be a great thing to try for an accent wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment