Friday, December 3, 2010

Obsession

There are very few things in this world that I can truly say that I'm obsessed with. Sushi, OPI's Ski Teal We Drop nail polish, Netflix, Chris Brown's Comeback, and my newest obsessions: this great teal cross-body bag from Forever 21 and the website "P.S. I Made This". It's an awesome site with all these terrific how to tips to turn you plain t shirt into a fabulous scarf or to make an art deco necklace of our ribbon and red coffee stirrers. I'm hooked and can't wait to try out some of these nifty ideas as soon as I have some time to focus on anything but school. Speaking of which, I'm working on my final project which was inspired by this neat picture I have of my grandmother as a teenager gardening wearing a huge straw hat and red lipstick. My final project for Textile Design is making a line of fabric for classic hats by revamping classic fabrics in a more modern way. I'm revamping basket weave/straw, houndstooth, herringbone, plaid, and of course cable knit. So I'm basically procrastinating as long as I can....but I don't have any time left to procrastinate. Which means I have to start dyeing my fabric tomorrow so I can be printing all next week until 12 Thursday (which is when this masterpiece is due). Hopefully everything turns out peachy keen and I can post some pics soon! Hope everyone's having a great Holiday season and an even better end to the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment