Saturday, June 4, 2011

I Love My Internship



As you probably know or have read, I'm doing a visual display internship at Anthropologie this summer. I'm helping the display coordinator at the Southpark Mall location and I seriously could not love my internship more if I tried.

I've always enjoyed making things and love seeing the results of my hard work in physical form. My great grandmother always said that she liked to have something to show for her work at the end of the day and that was why she preferred sewing, knitting, quilting, and cooking as opposed to watching TV. I'm the exact same way, so having an internship where I make things is kinda perfect for me.

Last week, we primarily worked on finishing the window display made of tea bags and it was really fun though frustrating at times. Still the finished project is amazing and I'm so proud that I was a part of it. This week the focus has mostly been on fixtures, so I got to make two ring cases for jewelry which turned out pretty great if I do say so myself.

I really love Anthro and all the people there, I just hope I get to stay with the company when I finish the internship and that I have many more 7 am mornings at Anthro ahead of me.

Now of course, my Anthro love fest wouldn't be complete without mentioning one of the best parts: the merchandise! I made my first purchase since I started working for Anthropologie and I absolutely love it. It's a pleated ikat lampshade and even though it set me back around $60, I absolutely love it and it works perfectly with the lamp that I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment